Spinach is looking for a smart, retail focussed account executive/account manager to join our growing account service team. The successful candidate will have 1-2 years agency experience working on retail accounts. They will have experience across all major production disciplines including TV, radio, digital display, catalogue and point of sale. They will have an appetite to learn and expand their skill set as well as having a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage timelines and work in progress. This role is perfect for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who takes pride in the quality of their work.
- The mission of the Account Manager is to manage the day to day running and processing of the account, while developing strategic thinking and an understanding of broader business skills and integrated solutions.
- Being the go-to-person on the clients’ business, the challenge for the Account Manager will be to manage meetings with confidence and sell strategy and work with conviction.
- Have a thorough understanding of your clients’ business and market. Be able to identify problems and opportunities in advance
- Build good relationships with clients – ones that are based on personal friendship as well as professional respect. Successfully establish credibility with senior clients
- Have positive, effective relationships across all the agency departments
- Have strong project and time management skills. Keep everything on track and on time
- Exercise overall quality control for your accounts. Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in everything you do
- Have effective and creative problem-solving skills. Be able to focus on the solutions not the problems
- Have a good financial sense; ensure that the account runs efficiently and profitably
- Be able to persuasively put forward the agency’s point of view
- Have good communication skills both written and oral and share information both internally as well as with the other departments
- Be confident creatively. Able to judge creative and comment effectively
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and fairness in all your dealings
Knowledge & skills
- Able to debate constructively with Clients and press for agency’s recommendation
- Ability to present and sell creative ideas
- Listening skills, how to learn and receive advice from those around them
- Need to judge priorities across several pieces of business and varied levels of activity
- Ability to present and sell production estimates
- To be responsible for accurate estimating and invoicing of all activity on the account with the exception of media
- To be able to contribute to account forecasting of billing
- To be responsible for the profitability of the account in terms of billing all costs incurred and ensuring that the agency is paid on time
- Strong attention to detail
- Writing skills – how to write a brief
- Time management
- Understanding and working knowledge of all departments
- Understanding media, research and relationship management
- Demonstrate ability to work with creative teams – gain experience in evaluating creative work
Reviews & career development
All account management department members will work with the Group Account Director to co-develop the best direction for their careers and the company.
The Group Account Director will work with you to identify any relevant training course/opportunities to help develop capabilities – internally or externally.
Think you have what it takes? Send your resume to: email@example.com